Booking Terms and Conditions
Craigievern Cottage is hired on the express understanding that the cottage is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
All reservations are contractually binding once confirmed in writing. Deposits must be received within one week of the reservation or we may re-advertise the availability on our website
The balance of the hire must be paid 8 weeks before the arrival, otherwise we reserve the right to treat the reservation as cancelled and re-advertise availability on our website
- In the event of a cancellation more than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the cottage will be re-advertised as available. If the cottage is re-let, the deposit will be refunded in full less a £10 administration charge. If we are unable to re-let the deposit is non- refundable.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), the cottage will be re-advertised as available, which may need to include late availability
- If the cottage is re-let, the balance will be refunded less the discounts of the re-let and a £10 administration charge.
- If the accommodation is re-let at the original advertised price, the balance will be paid in full less a £10 administration charge.
- In the event of a request for change of dates more than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the booking will be transferred to the new date and/or cottage (subject to availability) and the deposit will be transferred in full, with no administration charge.
- In the event of a request for change of dates less than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), points 2 and 3 apply.
- All refunds will be reimbursed immediately after the departure date of the original
- If a holiday is cut short, for whatever reason, the hirer remains liable for the full balance already
- The number of persons using Craigievern Cottage is not to exceed 8 adults/children and 1 infant using a cot, unless by prior arrangement. No inflatable beds in the cottage or camping in the grounds are
- Unless otherwise agreed, Craigievern Cottage is available from 4pm on arrival day until 11am on departure
- We undertake to make the cottage available to the hirer in a clean and tidy state and to maintain services and facilities in a proper workable
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and understand the contents of the cottage guide on arrival and to pay specific attention to those instructions for lighting and managing the multi-fuel stove. It is the hirer’s responsibility to share those instructions with other members of their
- If there is a fault or a problem occurs we will make best efforts to keep any delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum while weThe hirer and their party undertakes to take good care of the cottage along with its contents and
- The hirer undertakes to inform the owner or caretaker immediately of any articles that have been damaged, lost or broken during their stay, and to reimburse for the cost of such articles. The owner will contact the hirer within one week of departure regarding request for payment for any breakages and damage to the cottage and the effects of damage to the property and its contents. The hirer is responsible for the care and insurance of their own personal effects.
- The hirer and their party will ensure that the cottage is vacated on time and the cottage is left in a clean and tidy state.The owner and/or caretaker is allowed access at any reasonable time during your stay
- The owner reserves the right not to accept a booking or to refuse entry if any of the booking conditions are not met
- The Cottage is suitable for up to a maximum of two dogs. There will be an additional cleaning charge of £15 for one dog and £20 for two dogs.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when outside.
- The hirer should be aware that there is a burn at the bottom of the garden and they must take full responsibility for the safety of any children around that area.
- The cottage is situated adjacent to a working farm and prior permission should always be given prior to visiting the farm.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed in the cottage.
- Complaints. Our policy is to deal with complaints as soon as they arise, both promptly and in a positive manner. Should something go wrong, or you wish to give feedback or raise a complaint, please contact us immediately since it is often difficult to investigate or deal with complaints once you have returned home. Therefore, regrettably, the owner is unable to accept complaints or claims once a holiday is completed.
- The use of holiday accommodation & any facilities is entirely at the risk of the hirer and their party. No liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car & its contents or any possessions of the party. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that their party are fully aware of all booking conditions & have appropriate holiday insurance in place.
- We reserve the right to share details with other accommodation providers of those guests who do not respect the property or show a disregard to the terms and conditions set out above.